Monday 25 April 2011

Rapid Lash - this stuff really works !




As I spend many an hour almost every day of the week giving my clients lovely long lash extensions you can imagine I do get a bit of 'Lash envy', not sure if it is an actual condition :-)

So with my wedding creeping up on the horizon, I thought it was about time I upped the anti and tried to make the most of my lashes.

Now don't get me wrong I didn't have really short lashes but short enough that I felt a little lacking in the lash department. So with this in mind I hot footed it to boots to get my hands on some Rapid Lash to try.

At just over £40 its not cheap so I was hoping to see a result! So as you can imagine I couldn't wait to take my makeup off that night to start my lash regeneration. I only mentioned my lashes earlier however, I am definitely lacking in the brow department and so my plan was to use it on my brows as well.

After going through my normal cleansing routine I applied my Rapid Lash to my lashes first, the brush is a bit like a liquid eyeliner brush and I gently held the outer corner of my eye and applied as near to the base of the lash as possible, starting at inner corner to outer corner. For some reason I was expecting my eyes to sting and they didn't, so good start. I then applied the serum to the thinner parts of my brow and crossed my fingers hoping for Bambi lashes in the morning.

Well, I have to say it didn't happen overnight - however, less than two weeks on I did start noticing a difference. My eyes did initially feel a bit strange in the morning after applying before bed, but not sore or stingy, just a bit different - but this wore off, or I got used to it, not sure which. But then after examining my lashes really closely about two weeks into using the serum I woke the next morning and you may think this is crazy but I could be sure they had grown some more overnight! When I was applying my makeup that morning and came to apply my mascara I really couldn't believe how long they looked. Friends and clients have started to comment now, a few asking what I have had done and being really shocked when I explain that I have had no treatment, simply using the serum.

I have taken a couple of pics so you can see my lashes, please excuse the rest of my face, it is bank holiday so a basically makeup free day :-(




I can also say on the brow front, there is definitely some growth where they were really sparse, so I will be recommending that some of my clients who are struggling to grow their brows in give Rapid Lash a try.

The main ingredient for the growth is Biotin, known also as vitamin B7 or vitamin H. I have since discovered you can take this as a supplement, available at Holland and Barret for about £5 and it is in some vitamin B complex supplements.

The instructions do say you can wear this with lash extensions, however, as this really can give you a growth spurt I wouldn't suggest it as the extensions may then droop as a result.

I have changed my Vitamin B complex to include Biotin, so will give you an update in a couple of weeks to see if this is making a difference to my hair as well as lashes.

Overall I love this product and for me it really has worked - if you would like longer healthier lashes it really is worth a try.

I would love to hear if any of you have tried Rapid Lash and if it worked for you. Or if you have tried any other lash serum and what those results were.

I look forward to hearing your comments

Wendy xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    I have really sparse outer eyebrows due to a thyroid condition. Do you think that this would work on me?
    Trish
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish, thank you for your comment, mine are sparse at the ends due to hormones (I think) and I think I am seeing some growth. But I know from doing the HD Brows for clients it can take up to six, 6 week hair cycles before growth occurs for particular hairs, sometimes we are just waiting for one hair to grow for a perfect brow. The way I would look at it is anything is worth a try. Do you have your brows tinted, as this will show up any fine hair you have and quite often you end up with a fuller looking brow. I am hoping to do a post on HD Brows in the next week or so, it may give you a few ideas on how to make your brows look fuller and longer. Let me know if you give it a try and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to Boots now to get me some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know how you get on Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete