Monday 2 May 2011

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer





One of the hardest things I have found is trying to get the balance of a nice fresh illuminated look but keeping my oily T zone in check at the same time.

I have tried many a combination, lots of primers, foundations etc but this one seems to work.

I was on one of my many shops in Debenhams Beauty Hall when I was drawn to the Smashbox makeup range, I have read lots of reviews on their photo finish oil free primer so decided to give it a go.

Priced at £26 for 60mls a bit on the pricey side but in the line of duty i felt obliged to give it a try.

Only a small amount of product is needed a pea sized amount, if that! I blended across my face ensuring my central panel with larger pores was evenly covered. The primer felt really luxurious, almost velvety and was very easy to apply. I then applied my makeup as normal. This was going to be a true test as the weather was very warm and quite a bit of time was spent outside.

I have to say this worked an absolute treat, to refresh my makeup late afternoon, I simply applied a little bit of extra blush and a flash of lippie - I didn't even feel the need to reapply powder. This has definitely found its way into my makeup kit both personal and professional, its so easy to use, skin felt great and not heavy or clogged and makeup went on a dream.

So although a bit on the pricey side, this worked for me. The rest of the range looked quite interesting, so i will be looking to try some more products and will let you know how I find it. Let me know if you are already using this range and and recommendations for me to try.

Wendy xx

2 comments:

  1. Ive used this for years and I love it. Yes it's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for I think. You can sometimes get a bargain if you buy it from www.qvcuk.com as they often have special kits and they have a thirty day money back guarantee so you can send it back if you don't like it. I also love Laura Gellers spackle primer which comes in tinted versions as well as the original colourless version, well worth a try. Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too believe in the main you get what you pay for, but as you need so little for it be effective it is not bad value for money and it works. Ooh I haven't tried the Laura Gellers primer,thanks for this Trish I will have to give this one a try.

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete