Monday 24 January 2011

Do Serums really work - part two - BIOeffect EGF Serum

BIOeffect Serum


I am sure at some point over the last couple of months you would have heard the buzz about The Bio Effect Serum.  I first heard about this thanks to one of my favourite Bloggers - British Beauty Blogger, after she posted a message on twitter saying that this company was giving away samples of this new Icelandic serum as part of their launch campaign.  Well worth a follow on twitter and also visiting her blog!

Being such a product junkie, you can only imagine my excitement at the idea of this company choosing to promote their new product by giving real consumers an opportunity to try this high end product for free!  This has to be one brave and confident company that they are so sure that people will love this product so much that they will talk about it and advertise it for them.  Well they do say word of mouth is the best form of advertising and that is exactly what has happened.  Anyone and everyone who has tried this serum seems to be happy to shout about it and share their experiences.

So here is mine:  After a couple of days of leaving my address with Bio Effect and receiving notification to say my sample was on its way - it arrived.  Nice neat little bottle with dropper lid, which I love as you can er control the amount of product coming out and all tucked up in a lovely grey velvety pouch - good start!  I cleansed my skin thoroughly and then went straight in for the serum and a couple of drops did my full face and neck, I did read that you didn't have to use a moisturiser with this so as this was an evening and I was going to bed, I just left it at the serum.  When I woke in the morning my skin felt hydrated and looked quite fresh.  I applied serum again after cleansing, followed with moisturiser as I needed my SPF and continued this for a few days.  I would say it was probably about day 3 that I noticed a real difference in my skin, it looked very hydrated and healthy with fine lines visibly reduced - result!  Although I do tend to have an oily T zone, I can still get some dry patches underneath if my skin is a little dehydrated and this little beauty certainly took care of this.

The ingredients didn't take long to review either, simplicity is key here - only 9 ingredients! The product has a range of water binding and anti- oxidant ingredients which clearly work at hydrating the skin and then the all important EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor), when I seen this was right at the bottom of the ingredients list I did think, how effective can this be.  However, after researching this ingredient I realised that the ingredient is so powerful that only a fraction is needed to be very effective.  The EGF, helps your skin cells to rejuvinate and encourages the healing process and cell turnover, so is great for anti aging, but would expect it to be good on problem skin to as it will help the skin heal after breakouts.

I have to say I did go into a little state of mourning when I came to the end of my sample as I loved this product.  I am saving my pennies to buy a bottle of this serum.  It isn't at the cheap end of the scale at £125, however, I wasn't on my own with loving this product- I haven't heard a single bad review , to the contrary all reviews have been extremely positive with everyone just wanting more and more of a dewy fresh looking complexion.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some new products coming from this company as we only have the serum to indulge in at the moment.

Let me know if you were one of the lucky ones to receive a free sample of BIOeffect EGF Serum!

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, thanks so much for the sample, like you I adored the stylish little bottle, it looked very 'a la mode' on the bathroom shelf.I have to admit at first I was a little unsure about the product, it felt quite tacky on application,as you know I like to feel the silky glide of a sumptuous moisturiser - yes you've guessed - Dermologica, but I stuck with it and actually grew to quite like the viscidity and was amazed how moisturised and smooth my skin felt, I admit I would be more than happy to use it long term. I must mention in conjunction with the serum I've been lucky enough to be benefiting from your non surgical face lift treatment (the A Lift), it's truly amazing, my pesky dark circles have definatley seen an improvement and the fine lines on my forehead have almost been eradicated and that's just after 5 sessons, even my husband has commented on the appearance of my skin and that truly is a miracle! All in all the serum and the NSFL have been a very impressive combo - thank you Wendy..I'd be looking like a haggered old lady without you..Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, so pleased you liked the serum and have been able to leave a comment, a few of my clients who have tried to leave a comment on the serum have been unable to for some reason. But I have yet to come across someone who didn't like it. My mum absolutely loved it and has asked for some for her birthday, saying it is the quickest improvement she has seen in her skin with a particular product.

    As for looking like a haggered old lady, I am going to have to start switching the electrical current off when i am doing your treatments as you are starting to look too good xx

    ReplyDelete