Sunday 13 February 2011

Oxygen products and treatments - good or bad hmmmmm

For a few years now I have considered investing in an oxygen machine for the treatment room. I have heard some fabulous claims about what the oxygen can do to rejuvenate and enliven our skin. However, part of me is always a little bit hesitant as the same oxygen that helps us live, also produces free radicals which attacks our skin cells - so i have always wanted to love the idea of this burst of freshness being applied to my clients skin, but always a little wary that a short fix would actually not help the skin at all. So the jury is still out, I am still carrying out research on this machine and if the science can back up the positive claims, I know I will be very tempted to innvest as for acne/rosacea type skin it could be a godsend for the treatment room.

In the interim I decided rather than spend £5000 on a machine I would try an oxygen product to see if this would wow me.

I decided upon the Nubo plumping oxygen boost as I loved their serum 'The Essence' What i love about Nubo is that they have have taken alot of the nasties out of products that can cause irritation - so I was expecting great things. Nubo state the product will plump skin and relax tense facial muscles.

I also liked the fact that this product only had 7 ingredients, so i was hoping for a simple yet effective formula. Perflurodecalin is one of the main ingredients and is said to mimic the bloods ability to carry oxygen to the cells and improve the skin's barrier function helping to maintain skin moisture levels, triggering collagen & elastin production,killing acne bacteria - so sounding very promising indeed .

The package was very appealing visually, in a sleek little (very little)canister with a glass pippet type applicator. I have to say the applicator didn't work, it didn't draw up and dispense any product as you would expect and so i improvised and just wiped the side of the applicator to get some of the product. Instructions advised to use a small amount daily in the morning to face and neck which i did for two to three weeks. I was expecting as promised a plumped up fresh looking skin. Unfortunately this didn't materialise. My skin didn't suffer any as a result of using it I must add and although the product felt great as it was applied and didn't leave any sticky residue as alot of serums can - I didn't notice any particular improvement with my skin and at £80.00 for 15mls I have to say I was expecting a bit more bang for my buck. To add to my disappointment, I dropped the applicator one morning whilst trying to extract some of the product and dropped the pippet, as this is made out of glass this smashed which left me with a very sharp applicator :-( (a plastic one may have been better Nubo!

So this is one I won't be trying again guys, I did notice Nivea have brought out an oxygen based product priced at a very reasonable £12.99, so I will be giving this one a try and reporting back on that one.

I have to say first one of Nubo's products that I haven't particularly liked, but this is definitely not one for me. Let me know if you have tried and loved it.

Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment